Expanded restrictions for high case regions as of May 5th, 2021
Expanded restrictions for high case regions
Information by region can be found at the link below
Starting May 5, additional restrictions come into effect for regions with at least 50 cases per 100,000 people, and at least 30 active cases.
These restrictions will be in place for at least 3 weeks and will be extended if necessary. Provincewide restrictions remain in effect for all other communities.
Mandatory, additional restrictions for high case regions - Effective at 11:59 pm on May 9
- All indoor sport, performance and recreation activities for youth and adults are prohibited.
- Indoor fitness and recreation facilities must close, including for 1-on-1 training.
- All outdoor sports and recreation activities are prohibited, except with members of your household, or your two close contacts if you live alone. This includes:
- all group physical activities, such as team sports, fitness classes, training sessions
- all one-on-one lessons and training activities
- all practices, training and games
- Outdoor recreation facilities can remain open unless specifically closed by public health order.
Professional sport organizations
- Professional sport organizations that have received an exemption can continue, provided protocols are strictly followed.